Tuesday 15 February 2011

Back to Basics

I like to set myself little challenges from time to time and last night I decided to see if I could make a couple of cards with just the card base, ink and some stamps. That’s right, no pretty papers, no ribbons, no embellishments – just the card, the ink and some stamps.

Firstly there are the three wise owls. The idea for this card came from a lovely bench I discovered when I went for a walk on Sunday. I visited the Tree Cathedral near Wipsnade and in one of the chapels there is a bench with two owls carved from wood on either end. I was a lovely place to just sit and think for a while. For the card I added a third owl.

Next I reached for the wonderful Bliss Stamp Set – I am so excited about Sunday when I will be spending the whole day playing with this set (details here). I have taken the flourish image and inked it in Baja Breeze and then rolled the edges in Certainly Celery before stamping it. I then added three embossed lines at the bottom of the card using my paper trimmer and a bone folder.

I actually really enjoyed this challenge and think I will be doing that again! Once I got over the shock of not using pretty paper, ribbons and all the other pretty things I love!  It was good to revisit how beautiful these stamps are and to just add some ink.

All the stamps I have used for these two cards could be yours for Free – yes you read that right! Between now and the end of February, when you place an order for £45 in the Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalogue you can choose one of the Sale-a-Bration Stamp Sets for Free. Spend £90 and you can have two etc. You can see the four sets you can choose between here. I love Sale-a-Bration, its definitely the best promotion of the year and you will want to place your order with me as soon as possible to make sure you don’t miss out! Email your order to bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Happy Stampin’

Bekka
Pin It

No comments: