Friday 31 December 2010

Sale-A-Bration Christmas Gifts!

This year’s Sale-a-Bration sets are so lovely it was hard to decide which to use first! Today I am going to share some Christmas Presents I made using the wonderful Bliss set.

These coasters were a lot of fun to make. The design is the same for each set but I varied the colours to suit people’s homes. My family loved them.

In fact even my partner liked them – so much so he asked me to make some for us!

To make these coasters I started by stamping the swirl all over the base, carefully inking it unevenly. Next I stamped on the flowers, mostly having stamped off some of the ink before stamping on my project. The beautiful butterfly was added using a contrast colour and some shimmer paint, then this colour was used with the spritzing tool to create a splatter effect on the background. I then inked the edges of the card using a dauber. This finished pieces were then put into a coaster which was sold to make photo coasters.

This technique of layering your stamping is ideal for cards as well since your finished project looks very dimensional, but is very flat to post.

If you were to purchase the card, inks, shimmer paints, spritzing tool, Stampin’ Write Marker and the daubers you would get the stamp set for free! How brilliant is Sale-A-Bration! To place your order email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Happy Stampin’

Bekka

Pin It

1 comment:

Loraine Arderne said...

These are so very cleverand absolutely stunning too - not seen those photo coasters anywhere yet, found a photo mug though.