Saturday 9 October 2010

Ahoy There!

With so many lovely new Stamp Sets in the New Idea Book and Catalogue it can be hard to know which ones to go for first! One of the new Stamp Sets I was very excited to see is a set called Beware Pirates! I just knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted to play with it and when it landed on my desk I found lots more ideas started flowing.

Today I am going to share this card with you

Now as well as one featuring one of the images from this set, which has been coloured using my Stampin’ Write Markers, the card also features one of the new colours of cardstock - Pacific Point. The wonderful and vibrant blue is well on its way to becoming a firm favourite of mine. To be fair I am loving all the new blues we have in the range! Here I have teamed it with Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive.

The base of the card has been splattered with white ink (from my reinker) and some Champaign Mist Shimmer Paint, just to give it a bit more pop. The Old Olive Satin ribbon has been pleated and folded using a simple technique I taught at my last card making class. If you want details of Octobers Card making Class you can find them here – it would be lovely to see you in class.

I hope you have enjoyed today card. I will be back with another in a couple of days as I hope to go back to posting every other day.

Happy Stampin’

Bekka
Pin It

No comments: