Friday 29 October 2010

12 Designs for Christmas - Card 1

Welcome to 12 Designs for Christmas. For the next 12 posts I will share 12 Christmas Card Designs with you. I really hope this series of posts will inspire you to make your own Christmas cards this year, so for each card I will also share an exact ingredients list so you and to encourage you still further, if you purchase everything you need to make one of the designs from me I will include a sample card for you.

Now when I sit down to make my Christmas Cards, I know that I have lots to make, so I want designs that are quick and relatively easy to reproduce, they need to be economical with card stock and fit in an ordinary envelope so I don’t end up playing extra postage. I also want them to stand out and to make people smile, and to have an impact. All the cards in this series are designed with these things in mind.

Today I am going to share a card with you that has been made using what is rapidly becoming one of my favourite stamp sets, Contempo Christmas and the idea for it came from the album I shared last week.



What you need to complete this project:
An A6 Card Blank made from Baja Breeze Card Stock
6 x 14.9 cm strip of Whisper White Card
3 x 14.9 cm strip of Cherry Cobbler Card
Scrap of Whisper White Card at least 5cmx5cm
Baja Breeze Ink
Cherry Cobbler Ink
Wild Wasabi Ink
Rhinestones
Contempo Christmas Stamp Set
Scallop Edge Punch
Ornament Punch
Dimensionals
Snail Adhesive

Stamp the large strip of Whisper White card with the ornament punch in Baja Breeze and Wild Wasabi. Stamp an additional ornament in Baja Breeze on the scrap of Whisper White. Punch this out. Scallop one edge of the Cherry Cobbler Card, keep the off cut as you are going to use the long strip. Stamp the sentiment onto the base using Cherry Cobbler and then assemble as shown. Use a dimensional to attach the additional ornament and when assembled add the Rhinestones. I used the largest size in the centre of the ornament , then the next size down in the middle and the littlest ones on the outer edges.

I hope you enjoy today’s card and look forward to sharing more of the 12 Design’s for Christmas with you next time.

If you would like to place an order email bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk

Happy Stampin’

Bekka Pin It

No comments: