Saturday 10 July 2010

With Sympathy

I love to make cards but there is one type of card that I frequently struggle to make. Sympathy cards. I don’t know about you but when I make a card I often start by thinking about the person it is for so when it comes to Sympathy Cards I find myself remembering the person and getting lost in memories or feeling hugely sad for the person who has suffered the loss. Then I find my mojo is well and truly missing.

Unfortunately recently I have needed to make rather a lot of Sympathy Cards. Here are a couple, I have used the Close as A Memory Stamp Set, mixed with Rich Razzleberry and then kept the design really simple.

I love how elegant this colour looks when mixed with either Whisper White or Very Vanilla. The ribbon on both cards is the Polka Dot Grosgrain, but for the card made with the Very Vanilla I have just turned it over for a different look.

All these losses have been balanced to an extent by the lovely news of some new babies coming into the world. Now those cards are more fun to make!

Happy Stampin'

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Simple, understated & very elegant - just as the sad occasion calls for xxx