Sunday 9 May 2010

Stamp with Us Sunday

Hello everyone

Happy Sunday! Sorry I have not been around very much this week - I have been indulging my other passion, theatre recently and am directing The Importance of Being Earnest at the Little Theatre in Dunstable. The show opens next Friday so things are somewhat hectic at the moment, in fact as you read this I will be at the theatre working on the set. I wonder how much SU product I can incorporate!

Anyway being Sunday you know what it is time for ... A Stamp With Us Challenge and this week its an inspiration picture challenge, with this picture I love – it just makes me think of Summer.
I usually really enjoy these challenges and these are not colours I would typically reach for together so I decided to take not just the colours but some of the other design elements from the picture too.

The background card is Sahara Sand and I have stamped the backgrounds layer with Whisper White Craft ink and then mounted it onto some Glorious Green. Some lush Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon and some light inking of the edges and my background was ready for three tags, one in YoYo Yellow, one in Ballet Blue and one in Real Red. I have inked the edges of the coloured layers with a little Whisper White. I have stamped each cake in the coordinating ink and then used my markers to add a little colour. The stamps are from the adorable All For Friends Set, one of the new Hostess Stamp Sets that you can earn by having a Stampin' Up! Party.

Now it seems to be the law of my craft desk that you must use shimmer paint on every project so for this card I used some Frost White Shimmer paint to colour the cakes. I mixed this with some ink from the lids of my ink pads to colour the top sections – shimmer paint in whatever colour I want! Brilliant.


You can find the rest of the talented Design Team’s cards here and I hope you will try this challenge too

Happy Stampin’

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Love your take on the inspiration pic Bekka, loads of luck for the play!! Kate x