Monday 19 April 2010

Vogue for a Hostess

A little while ago I mentioned that I was going to be presenting at some of the Stampin’ Up! Regional Training Events, and I even showed you a picture of my swap card for Coventry and Reading. When I got back I was swept away with excitement about the new mini catalogue and don’t think I told you about the actual Regional Events! Whoops.

I was very honoured, very excited and totally nervous to have been invited to present at the Coventry Regional Training. One of the great things about Stampin’ Up! is the level of support we get from the company and this round of training was focussed on helping us to deliver great workshops and parties to our customers. I love doing parties and if you have not hosted a party or been to one I suggest you contact either me or your Demo to get one organised – fun and the chance of free goodies – what could be better, but I digress!

As well as sharing with the other demos who were at the event how I get ready for a Stampin’ Up! Party I shared this project with them. I also shared it with the huge number of people who came to the evening event to discover what Stampin’ Up! is all about. Now what I have noticed is that when I make these at home my hands are really steady, but put me by Elmo (a supposedly friendly projector that shows people what you are doing) and I can’t stop my hands shaking, makes for interesting results! This project shows the rock and roll technique on the flowers and also happens to be the kind of gift I give to hostesses as a little thank you from me.

I have used a mix of Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst and Mellow Moss for this set along with the adorable Vintage Vogue set (I am working on using some other stamps honest!) and French Script. Now I have been asked by a few people to do a tutorial on this project so if you would like instructions on how to make it please drop me an email (bekka@feeling-crafty.co.uk) and I will sent it to you as soon as it is written.

Despite the nerves I really enjoyed the training events, it is always such fun to hang out with inspiring crafty friends.

Happy Stampin

Bekka Pin It

1 comment:

Peg said...

Love this project Bekka and thanks

Peg x

www.pegcraftalot.blogspot.com