Friday 13 November 2009

Was it really a whole week ago?

It’s hard to believe that this time last week I was in Germany for the first ever European Stampin’ Up! Convention. WOW what an amazing experience and one I did not want to admit was over! It was a privilege to spend so much time with such a fantastic, loving and inspirational group of people. I had read people’s reports of the American’s Conventions but was still a bit sceptical that things would be as wonderful as they described but they were at least that good.



There were so many highlights I almost don’t know to start! The first one was probably getting my swaps finished – I made almost 200 of these cards. I loved the colours and I really enjoyed colouring them in. Anyone who has seen me recently will have seen me colouring in odd places (including back stage at the theatre!) Lots of people asked me for a tutorial on how I got this effect with the Stampin’ Up! Markers, I will do one for you all soon.


Next there was catching up with the others in my Stampin’ Up! Team and actually meeting the lovely Nicci – she is a total doll in so many ways.



Then a real high for me – meeting Shelli Gardner the co-founder of Stampin’ Up! What a wonderful, warm and welcoming woman, so much time for each and every one of us. She truly is an inspiration. I was especially touched by her words of encouragement when I received an award. An award which I have to thank each and every one of my team and my customers for. It was such a privilege to receive an award for being one of the top demonstrators in the UK – I am still not sure I believe it but I have the pin and the certificate to prove it!




Then there were all the friendships that were either cemented or formed. Way way way to many of them to mention or to include photos of but you are all amazing and I am thrilled I got to spend time with you.


Next year’s convention will be in London and if you want to come along it is easy – join my team! Get in touch and find out how – I would love to have you there with me

I have done some crafting since I got home so will be back with pictures soon

Happy Craftin


Bekka Pin It

3 comments:

Katy said...

Congratulations on your achievement Bekka and I'm glad to hear you had a lovely time. :)

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time :-)and have been a busy bee!

Liz Parsons said...

Congratulations on your award. well deserved. Our card making group follow your blog in Wellington, New Zealand.we love your elegant designs