Wednesday 12 August 2009

A Wondrous Time Of Year

Today I am going to continue with the Christmas theme. I know it is still August but I am not sure anyone told the weather yet!

With the aid of some very badly taken photos I am going to show you four different cards made with one stamp set, two colours of card and one set of ink spots. At a recent workshop, a lady who is quite new to stamping decided she wanted to make her won Christmas Cards this year, but did not really know where to start. She chose her favourite stamp set and then asked for some help.

After choosing her favourite Stampin’ Up! Colour Family and her favourite green from that range, she purchased the stamps, a pack of coloured card, a pack of neutral card and a set of Stampin’ Spots (small ink pads) and asked me if I would mount the stamps and make a couple of different cards with them so she could see what she could make. I love this kind of challenge and am thrilled when people at workshops ask me for help with things like this. Coaching people’s creativity is one of the great things about being a Stampin’ Up! Demo (alongside great friendships and getting the wonderful products cheap!) If you would like to find out more about becoming a demonstrator please do get in touch for a no obligation chat.

Here are the cards made with her chosen stamp set – Wondrous Gift, her two colours of card – Handsome Hunter and Natural Ivory and inks from the Rich Regal colour family. I am sorry about the shockingly bad photos. I have kept the cards relatively easy to make, not only as the customer is a newish card maker but also since they are Christmas Cards they need to be easy to mass produce!

I hope you like them despite the bad photos and I hope my customer enjoys using them as a start point for her own Christmas Cards – I hope I am on her Christmas Card list as I cant wait to see what she comes up with!

Thanks for stopping by

Happy Crafting

Bekka
Pin It

1 comment:

Jo said...

oooh bekka, love the 3rd one!

Such a stunning set, and its never too early to plan for christmas! too bad the plans normally shoot out of the window, not to return until late december! lol!