Sunday 16 August 2009

Stamp With Us Sunday

This week’s Stamp With Us Challenge is a colour challenge. And what a scrummy picture we were given as inspiration – I could sit and look at it for hours! How delich are these Gerberas. Well it had to be a flowery card for my so I stamped the pot of flowers from the scrummy Blooming with Beauty Stamp (well its been a while since it saw ink!). I coloured it using the Watercolour Wonder crayons and a blender pen in Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose and Certain Celery. I enjoyed it so much that I did it all again another 5 times and decided to make some notelets. The images were cut out and mounted on some Pumpkin Pie Designed Series Papers along with some Certain Celery and Regal Rose ribbons. These were then mounted on 4x4inch Ruby Red card based.
These little beauties needed a way of being presented and kept together. So I made them this little bag from more Pumpkin Pie Designed Series Paper decorated with some of the Certain Celery Twill that Stampin’ Up! are giving away as part of a ribbon bundle if you order £45 worth of goods this month – you can find the details here. Here is the bag with the cards and their envelopes in.
And a close up so you can see just how beautifully the twill ties.
I also wanted to show you a little more detail on the button at the top. I think buttons look at their best when they are sewn on, the look somehow more finished then. This is not however always practical, so what I have done here is threaded a tiny sliver of card through the holes so it looks like thread and fined it on the back of the button with a glue dot. The same glue dot then fixes the button onto a circle of card which adds even more definition to the button. I love these flower buttons from the Buttons Latte Collection – they are so pretty!
Thank you for stopping by to look at this week’s card – you can check out the rest of the design team’s cards on the Stamp With Us Blog – they are always such an inspiration

Happy Crafting
Bekka
Pin It

5 comments:

sugacatz said...

I absolutely love this. This is such a clever way of presenting cards for a gift. How did you make the bag? Lesley

Yvonne said...

Such a wonderful notlet set.
The papers are so pretty, and just adore the button deatil.

Marion said...

This is a beautiful set. Can I ask how you did the bag for holding them. Is it a template. Marion

Sara said...

Gorgeous notelets Bekka and I love the little pouch for them. That celery twill looks great, I must post my order off! Sara xx

SR Creations said...

Wow, I love this, it's wonderful, thanks for sharing :)