Wednesday 5 August 2009

Party Animals

Today I am going to share with you the projects we made at the Party on Monday. The hostess had requested that we use the Forrest Friends Stamp Set. Now since I love this stamp set this was more than fine with me! I was also asked to use the Stampin’ Pastels – now I don’t really know why but I don’t use these very often. Each time I do I fall back in love with them. Don’t forget if you buy the Stampin’ Pastels from me this month you will get six free Sponge Daubers as my gift to you.

The box is made of Certain Celery Card, with the tree stamp from this adorable set stamped around the sides. The little rabbit was made using the popping pastels technique. The image is stamped with Versamark ink and then the pastels are tapped lightly over the top with a sponge.
The card used lots of different colouring mediums. The deer were stamped first using some rocking and rolling, the front one being stamped first and then masked. The trees were coloured with the Stampin Write Markers using Close to Cocoa, Certain Celery and Pretty in Pink. I think the card needs a greeting and some of the ladies added one from the Oval All Set - I just did not get round to it as I was so busy chatting!

The sky was created using the Stampin’ Pastels and a scalloped circle. The shape was punched out and then the Pastels were rubbed around part of the edge. The shape was then moved and more colour added to give the effect of clouds. The sky was coloured with Bashful Blue and the grass with a mixture of Certain Celery and Close to Cocoa. The corners of the card were rounded before it was mounted on its base.

If you would like a party with the chance to try a stamp set or a new technique please get in touch.

Happy Crafting

Bekka
Pin It

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Utterly delightful hun :)
Hugs
Steph xxx