Sunday 9 August 2009

All the world's a Stage

And all the snowmen merely players!

Welcome to this Sunday’s Stamp With Us Challenge. The theme of this week’s challenge is Christmas. Two of my favourite Stampin’ Up! Christmas products are the lovely snowmen from the Flaky Friends Stamp Set and the delicious Ski Slope Papers so I got these two things out in an attempt to bring a little Christmas to my craft table.

Then I started to play...

And this is what I came up with – Presenting on their own stage, complete with snow – My Flaky Friends!
The snowmen were stamped and coloured with my Stampin’ Write Markers and then sealed into shaker box – so you can shake it up and make it snow. The box was made with paper from the Ski Slope pack and covered with a Cello bag after a good dollop of Dazzling Diamonds had been added – be careful when you do this if you don’t want glitter all over your craft space! The snowmen are fixed in the middle of the box so the snow can go either side of them.
This was then mounted onto a folded piece of Real Red Card, which has been scored to allow the Shaker box to stand up along the front. Ribbon tied underneath keeps the back upright. This was decorated with more papers, the rows of hanging mittens and some real Red Ribbon. Now hopefully this project has made you smile but I have some sad news. This Stamp Set is only available until the end of September and the Ski Slope Papers may also retire then too so be sure to place your orders for them soon.
To get you smiling again I do have some good news too - if you were to order Flaky Friends , the Ski Slope Papers , two packs of coordinating coloured card stock (Real Red, Old Olive, Night of Navy or Chocolate Chip) and a pack of Whisper White Card you would qualify for this month’s Ribbon Bundle Offer. Details here. As an added gift from me if you order this bundle from me I will give you a free full sized ink pad of your choice. After post and packing this bundle which would give you enough to make at least 75 Christmas Cards would cost you £48.90

I had a lot of fun making this project . Now those of you who are hoping that you are on my Christmas card list – don’t panic – I don’t plan on sending glitter bombs like this through the post! Tomorrow I will share with you another more post friendly Christmas card, using the same supplies.

Happy Crafting

Bekka

PS Don’t forget to check out the rest of the design teams projects – I love seeing how differently we all respond to the same prompt and know you will see some lovely things.
Pin It

5 comments:

Jo said...

How cute is this! Fabulous - but i cant think about christmas just yet! lol!

Yankee in England said...

What a fun card! Very creative

Kate Lewis said...

Wowzers...Bekka this is inspired!! What a fabulous idea, such a special and creative card!! Kate x

simplyfairies said...

Superb card Bekka, a real treat for some at christmas....

Sara said...

WOW Bekka. What a fabulous project. Don't think I could bear to part with that much Dazzling Diamonds for one card though, haha. So sorry to see these little fellas retire, they're such a fun set. Grab em while you can folks.

Sara xx