Thursday 25 June 2009

Was it You?

I had a fantastic time at Stampin’ Up! Field Training – what a lovely talented group of ladies were there – not to mention the firemen! I really do appreciate the support Stampin’ Up! give us with growing our business and the inspiration that is so freely available from my fellow demonstrators.
We all made cards which we swapped with each other and one of you is going to win the spare card which I made. All you had to do was guess correctly which stamp set I used. So did you get it right? Well here is the card
Now I thought you would all find this really easy and guess straight away since I seem to be somewhat addicted to this stamp at the moment! The correct answer is Bloomin’ with Beauty and you would also have been correct if you had said Starring You since that is where the sentiment is from. However nobody got it right! So the card is going to Sue whose answer suggested a stamp set I really should use more and a great reason for choosing it! Sue I promise I will play with it in the next few days since as you say the summer holidays are on their way.
For this card I have coloured the image using my SU Marker pens and in the close up you can see how I have blended / shaded with them. To achieve this effect you colour the whole image with the palest colour (in this case Barley Banana on the flower and Sage Shadow on the leaves) and then before it is fully dry work quickly to add some shadows with you darker colour (here I have used So Saffron on the flower and Old Olive on the leaves). Next colour over again with the lighter colour to blend them together. This technique works best if you work fast using light circular strokes of the brush tip of the pen and if you work on a small area at a time. I love the depth that colouring in this way gives and I hope it has inspired you to give it a go.

Before I go I just wanted to wave hello to the lovely ladies I met yesterday – you were brilliant and it was lovely to meet you all.
Thanks for stopping by

Happy Crafting
Bekka
Pin It

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Gorgeous card Bekka - you've inspired me to get this set out again! And hello.....firemen??!! Will there be some there at the Taunton training I'm going to on Saturday??!! K x