Wednesday 29 October 2008

Let it Snow!

It has been an eventful morning so far. I woke up this morning and the garden was covered in snow, OK so it is only a light covering but hey it is snow!
Ideal to get us in the mood for what comes next – its not often the British Weather co-operates like this! Earlier this week I mentioned that I had been working on a project I was not able to share yet ... well I can now!

I was very flattered to be asked to be a Guest Card Designed on Its a Creative World – a fab blog which provides daily ideas for crafty things to do – if you have not checked it out before it is well worth a visit, but I should warn you that there is a photo of me there.

I shared some Christmas Cards with the readers there so here they are for you too. Now I don’t know about you, but there are lots of people I would like to send handmade Christmas Cards too, but time is short, so I need my cards to be easy to make in bulk, look good and not take too much time! I also like to be able to vary the design without having to invest in too many different supplies.

This first set of cards is made using the Season of Joy Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up! I have also used Stampin’ Up! Cardstock in Taken with Teal and Rose Red – I love this combination - its festive, slightly different, and oh so rich, warm and cosy looking. Both cards were made by embossing the tree image in silver and then cutting it out and matting it on a contrasting panel. The tree panel was then mounted onto a larger co-ordinating decorated panel.
For the first card the panel was made by randomly stamping and embossing another stamp from this set. A Stampin’ Around Wheel was used to create the pattern on the cardstock for the second card. If you have not used these before they are a fantastic fast way to get a continuous pattern, ideal for this time of year. I also added some Chocolate Chip card.

A quick dash of ribbon and each of these cards was complete.

The second set again uses the same colours of cardstock with the addition of some serious bling! The images are from a set of stamps called Flaky Friends. These were coloured with co-ordinating marker pens (one of my favourite things to do in front of the TV) and then were covered with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (not done in front of the TV!). Each was then matted and mounted onto a contrasting coloured background that had been stamped with Versamark ink. Again I added a little ribbon or some more glitter and the card was done. These are even more sparkly in real life - you can blame my photographic skills.


The final card I would like to share with you is just as quick and I love how it has turned out. It uses the same technique as I used for the picture in the post below.

I wanted to try and make a card using non traditional colours. I stamped the tree image from the Season of Joy stamp set and some Snowflake images with Versamark ink on Regal Rose Cardstock. After I embossed them with clear embossing powder I used a dauber to rub Elegant Eggplant ink all over the cardstock in small circular movements. The finished panel which appears almost suede like was then matted on Taken with Teal card, mounted onto Elegant Eggplant card and then onto a Regal Rose Card base.

If you would like more detailed instructions please just ask

Happy Crafting

Bekka


PS Have you made your Christmas Wish List Yet - dont forget my Christmas Wish List Service all the details are here Pin It

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

fabulous cards Bekka and congrats on being featured on creative world - your projects look great! Kate x

Monica Gale said...

Oh Bekka those projects are beautoful and your chice of colours wonderful, I adore the different combos and I will case some for sure. Hugs M xx